Surface treated wollastontie or Surface modification wollastonite
Wollastonite powder is a hydrophilic mineral and has poor compatibility with organic polymers. Our company has successfully developed Surface treated wollastontie by continuously testing and improving. Through selecting suitable coupling agent to act on wollastonite powder, it can change the surface properties of wollastonite powder.
Surface treated wollastontie has good dispersibility and fluidity, it can bind quickly to organic polymers and improves the mechanical properties of the composites.
Surface treated wollastontie is mainly used in PP, PA, PP6 (6), PTEE and other engineering plastics to replace glass fibre.
In PP producing, it can replace fiberglass as reinforcing material and reduce the cost by 25%. At the same time, it can improve the mechanical properties and aging resistance of plastic products.
It has features of hydrophobic property. When put it on the water, it can float.
(1) Application in building materials: widely used in EPS insulation mortar, polystyrene board adhesive, fire retardant coatings, relief coatings, calcium silicate board, and dry powder mortar.
(2) Application in friction material aspect: widely used in friction material instead of asbestos non asbestos friction materials, improve product effect, sensitivity, smoothness, reduce noise, cracking and calcification.
(3) Application in the glass steel products: advise to use 600 mesh
(4) Used in the application of engineering plastics: advise using active fine needle 800 mesh
(5) Used in rubber products: by superfine wollastonite short fiber special surface activation treatment, instead of part of silica in rubber products, improve product strength, hardness, wear resistance and anti aging, replace 1/4 silica.
L.O.I (1050℃) (%)
Active rate (%)